Special offers, teacher training and family events
Our comprehensive education programme is supplemented by a range of special events which cater for specific groups including teacher training sessions and family events.
We also highlight on this page special projects offering discounted visits for schools.
Please keep an eye on this page for upcoming events and special offers.
Don't miss out, book now to reserve your place, call 03000 030 618 or email email@example.com
Unlock the potential of outdoor learning with Lee Valley Park
The Lee Valley Regional Park's Youth and Schools Service has developed a range of training options which utilise our experience delivering a diverse outdoor learning offer to over 20,000 young people annually. We train staff/volunteers to use the outdoors to deliver the curriculum creatively, identify wildlife, teach identification skills and demonstrate simple activities to make best use of the outdoors to benefit learning.
We provide opportunities for schools, teacher training institutions and other organisations that want to train their education staff and volunteers. We pride ourselves on providing high quality sessions, we are a Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badged Provider and our Officers are Accredited Practitioners of the Institute of Outdoor Learning. See some comments below from previous customers.
Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements and to make a booking by calling the Youth and Schools Service on 03000 030 618 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we can offer:
• Full/half day training session on site at Lee Valley Park
• Full/ half day training at the school/ organisation’s site
• Outdoor learning workshops/talks at events
What are the benefits:
• Inspire staff to take the curriculum outdoors to enrich learning
• Participants gain confidence in delivering sessions outdoors
• Practical activity ideas provide a toolkit for future use
• Staff team building
Summary of potential course content:
• Identify the key benefits of outdoor learning
• Preparing and risk assessing for outdoor learning visits
• Invertebrate identification and classification skills/ encouraging play in the outdoors/ engaging children in plant studies
• Outdoor learning resources and equipment that will be required
• Activity ideas to create a toolkit to take the curriculum outdoors
Comments from our customers:
Prince Of Wales Primary School, Enfield, Inset training day
“Our teachers were enthused and motivated to incorporate outdoor learning into all the curriculum”
“Lee Valley arranged an exciting and bespoke training day”
“Excellent training day- inspiring!”
“Thank you for sharing your good knowledge and experiences”
“Our children will be the caretakers of our planet. We owe it to them to help them discover the world around them – then respect nature and enjoy it”
Forest Independent Primary Collegiate – Teacher training provider
“The trainee teachers always comment that this session is one of the most enjoyable and most valuable that they do as part of their training.”
Broxbourne Council Pond dipping training for volunteers as part of a HLF project to teach children and families
“Keep doing what you are doing! Time went by so fast, we were really enjoying what we were learning”
“Whole day excellent”
“Most enjoyable and informative day”